Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This Thing Called Love

Love is a beaten word, a most confused word sometimes, yet it captures for me the greatest gift God has bestowed on humanity. In love the Lord emptied himself that you and I may walk in bold confidence as sons and daughters of God.

I love the Lord, I love me, I love the people who make my life a beautiful heaven on earth; those who make me smile, glow with energy, laugh out loud and take time to listen and share their lives with me.

I love the wonderful things in nature that fills me with such awe and admiration that for a moment all my cares are forgotten. I love the sunset, i still don't know why. But in my heart of hearts it is one of the most magnificient showpieces of the master artist.

Maybe someday in eternity i may understand why the sight and even the thought of a sunsets gives me great peace. The closest i have come to understanding this love is that, sunsets mark the end of the day not matter what it offered and promises the start of a new day with great hope and expectation.

On human love, i have come to understand that i must love a person wholly: have great love for his mortal being as well as his/her soul. Thus no one can convince me that my love for someone should be expressed in ways that put the soul of that person at risk.

That is why i know and believe that:

"The measure of true love is found not in loving the physical being of the person, but in loving and caring for the very soul of the one you love. Love should care enough not just about the prosperity and health of the person physically but also about the prosperity and wellbeing of the loved one’s soul. Christ healed the infirmed yet cared more about the spiritual state of man".

The Lord thought me this about the subject LOVE

No comments: